SWISS WATER® Process: The 100% chemical free, unique and patented SWISS WATER® decaffeination process maintains the coffees’ distinct origin characteristics. As one of the only decaffeination processes in the world with organic certification, the SWISS WATER® Process signifies health, great taste, and quality.
Costa Rican coffee is known for its clean, sweet, and fruity taste with moderate acidity levels. Some of the typical flavor notes associated with Costa Rican coffee are honey, chocolate, citrus, vanilla, grape, and molasses. What you can expect is a vibrant and well-balanced cup of coffee with a clean, sweet, and light body.
The flavor profile of Costa Rican coffee can vary depending on the growing region, altitude, and processing method. However, some of the most common flavor notes include:
- Honey: This is a sweet, syrupy flavor that is often associated with Costa Rican coffee.
- Chocolate: This is a rich, dark flavor that can be found in some Costa Rican coffees.
- Citrus: This is a bright, refreshing flavor that is often found in Costa Rican coffees grown at higher altitudes.
- Vanilla: This is a smooth, creamy flavor that can be found in some Costa Rican coffees.
- Grape: This is a tart, fruity flavor that is often found in Costa Rican coffees grown in the Tarrazú region.
- Molasses: This is a sweet, syrupy flavor that can be found in some Costa Rican coffees.
Costa Rican coffee is typically roasted to a medium or medium-dark roast. This roasting level helps to bring out the natural sweetness and fruitiness of the coffee beans. Costa Rican coffee can be enjoyed black, with milk, or with sugar. It is also a popular choice for espresso and other specialty coffee drinks.
If you are looking for a delicious, flavorful cup of coffee, Costa Rican coffee is a great option. It is known for its clean, sweet, and fruity taste, and it is sure to please coffee lovers of all levels.